Your dinner isn’t complete without a bite of Lemon Cheescake. No oven? No problems, because we have this no bake version of cheesecake that will melt your heart.
Disclaimer: Topmart do not own the images and do not intend to copyright. Images credits to ‘A Pinch of Healthy’
Easy No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake
This is easy and quick to prepare as you will only need 20 minutes to have it done.The good thing with no bake is, it is much lighter in texture than a baked cheesecake, the sour cream and handmade whipped cream filling keeps the cheesecake smooth and tart.
YIELDS: 8 – 10 serving(s)
PREP TIME: 20 mins
TOTAL TIME: 12 hrs 20 mins
FOR THE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- Graham crackers, 16, (full sheets)
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, light
- 1 stick of melted salted butter
FOR THE LEMON CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 3 blocks of full-fat cream cheese, each 8 ounces, at room temperature
- 1/2 c. refined sugar
- 1/4 c. sugar for confections
- 2 tbsp. juice of fresh lemons
- 1 tbsp. zest of a lemon, finely grated
- 1/4 c. soured milk
- 1 1/4 c. thick cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Lemon slices, lemon curd, or sweet strawberries as garnishes (if desired)
How to make easy no bake lemon cheesecake
1. Important first step: The first thing you should do is let the cream cheese to soften at room temperature. Getting a creamy filling is important.
2. Then, begin mixing the cream cheese and additional ingredients into the bowl.
3. There are three ingredients in the filling: cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon (both juice and zest).
5. Start out gently when beating the filling to avoid spraying oneself. After that, gradually raise the mixer’s speed to medium-high. It will continue to seem bulky, like this, after a minute or so.
6. Don’t worry sister! Just let the mixer run for a few minutes until it reaches this creamy consistency.
7. After the filling has reached a creamy consistency, transfer it to a graham cracker pie shell.
8. To evenly distribute everything, use a spatula or even the back of a spoon.
9. Then if you like to reserve some of the lemon zest to sprinkle on top.
10. Finally, you should put it in the refrigerator to set up until everything is solid. At least 3 to 4 hours should pass during this process.
Of course, it can be refrigerated for a longer period of time if necessary. Once it has hardened, it comes out in these exact slices. Serve it in a cute plate and enjoy!
What differentiates baked from no-bake cheesecake?
The traditional baked cheesecake must be baked in the oven, thus this alternative is useful in those situations. It’s quick and doesn’t require an oven, but the texture is lighter than what you may expect from a baked cheesecake.
How come my no-bake cheesecake isn’t firm?
Your cheesecake could simply require more time in the refrigerator to chill if you’re having difficulties getting it to set. A no-bake cheesecake should chill for a full 12 hours or be kept in the fridge overnight for best results. If you cut into your cheesecake before it has completely chilled and firmed up, the texture can be softer.
Suggestions for toppings to add?
You might want to garnish this cheesecake with sweet strawberries because the lemon juice gives it a bit of a tart flavor. Add a dollop of lemon curd if you want to amp up the lemon taste.