Chocolate sandwich cookies inspired these no-bake treats.Grab one of these Oreo truffles when a chocolate desire strikes! They’re as rich and luscious as any chocolate dessert, yet take half the time to make compared to homemade mousse or fudge.
How to make the No-Bake Oreo Truffles
Truffles are made with Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and two kinds of chocolate in this recipe. In addition, a sprinkling of nonpareils adds a festive touch that you’d only find in your favorite candy store. The best part is that you can wrap a box over them to make the greatest homemade Christmas present.
PREP TIME: 40 mins
TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 10 mins
- 38 large-sized pieces of chocolate sandwich cookies, such as Oreos
- 8 oz. cream cheese container; room temperature
- 8 oz. chopped white chocolate
- 8 oz. sliced bittersweet chocolate
- Nonpareils or garnishing with sprinkles
How to Make Oreo Balls:
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper, measuring 18 by 13 inches.
2. Crush 36 Oreos by placing the entire cookie in a food processor without removing the crème filling and pulsing until fine crumbs form. Alternatively, you can accomplish this by hand by smashing Oreo cookies into tiny crumbs in a gallon-size resealable bag.
3. In a food processor mis the Oreos with cream cheese, pulse in bursts until mixture is combined. You can alliteratively mix this with a stand mixer set to low speed, an electric mixer, or by hand; just mix the ingredients together thoroughly.
4. Form mixture into balls: Scoop out about 1 Tbsp of mixture at a time, form into 1 inch balls, and then arrange on cookie sheet that has been prepped.
5. Put the truffles in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill. Meanwhile, crumble the final three Oreos.
6. Melt chocolate: Melt chocolate or almond bark in accordance with the recommendations on the package.
7. Truffles that have been dipped should be taken out of the freezer, dipped in melted chocolate, and then lifted up to let the excess drip out.
8. Return to baking sheet; immediately, if desired, sprinkle crushed Oreos on top; then, let chocolate set. As an alternative, sprinkle with melted chocolate for a lovely presentation.