Regardless of skin tone, anyone might get dark skin on the inner thighs. It happens when melanin, the pigment that gives skin its color, is produced in large quantities by the skin on the inner thigh. This is known as hyperpigmentation. Dark internal thigh discoloration can even extend into the bikini or groin area.
What are the causes of these dark inner thighs?
A person may have a darkening of the skin on the inner thighs for a variety of reasons. These may be a few of the causes:
- Applying pressure, which can happen while exercising or walking, can result in thin, itchy, and discolored skin.
- hormonal imbalance, especially in women who are pregnant, lactating, or menstruating, or in those who have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- some drugs, such as oral hormonal contraceptives or some chemotherapeutic drugs
- using the sun
- arid skin
- rubbing from restrictive garment
- An issue with skin pigmentation called acanthosis nigricans
- diabetic nephropathy
6 Home remedies
Home remedies could occasionally be able to brighten the dark skin on your thighs.
Lemon juice and coconut oil
Vitamin C is abundant in lemons and may be used to cure hyperpigmentation. You can use coconut oil as a moisturizer to keep your thighs nice and supple.
- Making a scrub with coconut oil and lemon juice:
- Juice from a half-lemon should be mixed with a few teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Massage the afflicted region for at least 10 minutes after applying the mixture.
- Clean the area thoroughly.
Sugar can aid in skin exfoliation. If a buildup of dead skin is the reason for the dark skin, exfoliating the region might assist.
- Juice from a fresh lemon, a teaspoon of sugar, and a spoonful of honey should be combined.
- Apply the mixture to the inner thighs and scrub gently.
- To get rid of the scrub, rinse the area.
- Locate ready-made sugar scrubs.
Scrub with Oats and Yogurt
Eczema and other inflammatory skin disorders are treatable with oatmeal. It may be gentler than sugar and can also be used as an exfoliator. Lactic acid, which is present in yogurt, may benefit skin health. Although there is little evidence, yogurt may provide additional skin advantages when applied topically or consumed orally.
To make your own oatmeal scrub, follow these steps:
- Oatmeal and plain yogurt are combined in equal parts to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to the skin’s discolored region and scrub it gently.
- Remove the paste by washing your leg.
Water with Baking Soda Paste
Although using baking soda to exfoliate and lighten your skin should be done with caution. Reason why baking soda could be excessively abrasive for your skin. It might aggravate any existing skin issues and irritate your skin.
- If you’d want to experiment with a baking soda scrub:
- Baking soda and water should be combined to form a paste.
- Like a face or body mask, smear a little layer on the inner thighs.
- Rinse after leaving it on for at least 15 minutes.
A product containing aloe vera or aloe vera gel can relieve itchy, chafed skin. Aloin, a substance found in aloe, has potential as a skin lightener. Apply the product to your skin as a lotion and let it absorb. After using it, you don’t have to rinse it off.
Dark patches on the skin can be treated with potatoes, according to folklore. It is thought that the potato enzyme catecholase can brighten skin. To use this cure:
- Cut a potato.
- For at least 15 minutes, massage the afflicted area with a slice of potato.
- Wash the area gently.
- If you’re prone to dark inner thighs, there are a few things you can do to keep the skin from darkening:
- Wear nylon stockings or bicycle shorts underneath skirts or dresses to avoid chafing.
- In order to prevent the accumulation of dead skin, keep the inner thighs clean and well-exfoliated.
- To avoid excessive sweating and friction, dress in loose, breathable clothing.
- To prevent irritation, refrain from overly regularly shaving or waxing the area.
- When outdoors, wear sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 and try to limit your time in the sun.